The name "Pico" has recently gained popularity in aesthetic medicine. It has become one of the most popular aesthetic treatments in Malaysia.
Pico laser is not a laser machine brand or a trademark, but a laser technology.
PICO LASER TREATMENT IS A LASER TREATMENT.
The name Pico Laser comes from Picosecond, which means one trillionth of a second. Pico laser is a new laser technology that uses ultra-fast pulses, picoseconds. Unlike older lasers, such as Q-switched lasers, which produce laser pulses in nanoseconds, Pico laser pulses are much faster.
At Dr. Diana Clinic, we provide PICO LASER treatment to remove pigmentation, freckles, dark spots, and improve your skin texture, making it look younger and smoother.
Is Pico Laser better than other lasers?
- Pico laser is an upgrade or newer technology compared to the previous pigment lasers, such as Q-switched lasers. Pico laser has a 1000 times faster pulse duration than Q-switched lasers, and it produces a photo-mechanical effect instead of a thermal effect to treat pigmentation or tattoos, making the safety profile of Pico laser much better. Side effects commonly associated with Q-switched lasers, such as burns, blisters, and hyper- or hypopigmentation, can be reduced.
- Additionally, Pico laser has a technology that can create laser-induced optical breakdowns (LIOB) beneath the skin. The good news is that LIOB can improve skin texture. The results of Pico laser are capable of treating rolling and boxcar acne scars, uneven skin texture, and large pores with shorter downtime, similar to ablative laser treatments.
What skin problems can be treated with Pico Laser?
Here are some skin problems that can be treated with Pico Laser:
- Solar Lentigo (Sunspots, Age spots)
- Dark Scars / Post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Hori's Nevus
- Inflammatory Acne
- Red acne marks (Post-inflammatory erythema)
- Large Pores
- Acne Scars
Is Pico Laser Treatment painful?
Pico Laser Treatment is a non-invasive treatment and does not require anesthesia. Many of our clients do not experience pain. However, if an individual has sensitive skin or discomfort, an anesthetic cream can be used.
How many Pico Laser sessions are needed?
This depends on your skin condition and the specific issue being treated.
Before any treatment, research and evaluation will be conducted by our certified and experienced doctors in Pico Laser treatment.
How long does the effectiveness of Pico Laser treatment last?
It depends on the specific issue and how the Pico treatment is performed.
For example, for acne scars and dark scars (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation), the results are permanent. For pigmentation treatments like freckles, it depends on the individual's skin condition, lifestyle, and age. However, there's no need to worry as the doctors at Dr. Diana Clinic will ensure you understand the expected outcomes before proceeding with the treatment.
How to choose the best Pico Laser treatment?
As you may be aware, there are many clinics offering Pico Laser treatment. Not only clinics but also non-clinical premises like beauty spas and laser centers may offer Pico therapy.
Importantly, YOU, as the user, need to know that the effectiveness depends on the experience and expertise of the treating doctor, in addition to using genuine and good-quality Pico laser machines.